Phyllis Tuckwell is a Centre of Excellence in Specialist Palliative Care and our staff reflect our commitment to developing the provision of services for supportive and end of life care in our catchment area.
We employ around 250 staff covering a wide range of roles from direct patient care, to support services such as fundraising and administration. We recognise that our employed staff are our greatest asset, supported by a team of dedicated volunteers. We advertise all vacancies, areas of work including Administration (Finance; HR; Estates and IT; Fundraising; Marketing & Communications), Clinical (Nursing: in-patient; community; Hospice Care at Home; Therapies – Occupational, Physio and Complementary; Patient and Family Services; Speciality Doctors; Palliative Care Consultants) and other roles such as Housekeeping.
Here’s a short video made by Hospice UK about working in Hospice Care.
As an equal opportunities employer, we are committed to equal opportunities in all of our activities. It is intended that no job applicant or employee shall receive less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity.
We offer a wide range of staff benefits which may include:
- Excellent nursing to patient ratios
- Clinical Supervision
- 25 days annual leave rising to 27 days, plus public holidays ( pro rated for part time staff)
- Option to continue NHS pension scheme for clinical and medical roles (subject to the rules of the scheme) or our Group Personal Pension Scheme
- Provision of training and education opportunities including professional development
- Birmingham Hospital Saturday Fund Health Cash Back Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Childcare Vouchers
For careers at Phyllis Tuckwell contact the Human Resources team through the main Phyllis Tuckwell switchboard on 01252 729400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.