Appropriate for: Registered Nurses who are new to McKinley T34/BD BodyGuard T Syringe Pumps or who
are not competent or confident in their use.
(NB: Staff applying for this training should bring along a McKinley T34/BD BodyGuard T Syringe Pump from their organisation to the training session)
The nurse needs to identify a practice assessor who is competent in McKinley T34/BD BodyGuard T Syringe
Pumps and who is able to assess and sign off competencies within 2 months of attendance of the training
(NMC Code 2018)
Max Number: 10
Key KSF Dimensions covered: C1, C2, C3, HWB2, HWB5, HWB7
Facilitators: Phyllis Tuckwell Community Specialist Palliative Care team
• To increase awareness of the safe management of McKinley T34/BD BodyGuard T Syringe Pumps in
palliative care in the community setting.
• Demonstrate use of the Syringe Pumps to help facilitate confidence in practice.
• Outline relevant clinical guidelines associated with use of syringe pumps.
• Identify the risks and benefits involved with the use of a syringe pump.
• Gain an awareness of medication compatibility and conversions associated with oral to subcutaneous
• Demonstrate safe use of the Syringe Pumps and have an opportunity to practise.
Contact: The Education Department on 01252 729474 or [email protected]