Care at Home Team
The first point of contact with the Phyllis Tuckwell Care at Home team is usually with one of our Clinical Nurse Specialists (CNS’s).
The Clinical Nurse Specialist Team:
- Provide full assessment of patients and families needs and concerns
- Provide expert advice to control symptoms such as pain and vomiting
- Allow open discussions about death and dying
- Support with advance care planning and care at end-of-life
- Provide emotional, psychological and practical support for patients and their carers
- Act as the key liaison between patient, GP and District Nurses
- Provide ongoing patient and carer information and support, focusing on improving the quality of life at home
- Help to identify individual needs and refer to others within the Phyllis Tuckwell team if required
The full Phyllis Tuckwell multi-disciplinary team will care for you at home. This includes doctors, CNS’s, therapists, counsellors, social workers and the benefits team.
At the appropriate time, towards the last few weeks of life, our Hospice Care at Home nursing team will continue care for you at home. This team is led by registered nurses with specialist palliative care experience. We work closely with GPs, district nurses and our community and hospital palliative care teams, as well as with other healthcare professionals involved in your care.
Our senior Health Care Assistants can provide 24/7 hands-on care and support to you and your family. They help to support your choice to be at home in the last few days of life, this may be in your own home, a residential or nursing home. Our experienced senior Health Care Assistants have received training in palliative nursing care through Phyllis Tuckwell Hospice Care.
TheGuide2Surrey wrote a case study on one of our Health Care Assistants (formerly Auxiliary Nurses). To read the article please click here.
Those patients who require Clinical Nurse Specialist support, receive ongoing support at home and a continuous link with Phyllis Tuckwell. If you would like to contact our Community Team please call 01252 729421 or email email@example.com