We recognise that being a carer can be hard and Phyllis Tuckwell aims to support all carers who have a family member or friend under the care of the hospice.
We have a carer charter here that shows how we value the important role of carers and the on-going support they give. The Charter demonstrates what carers can expect from us as an organisation. This will include things like:-
Carer Information –
We have an opportunity for carers to visit either of the hospice sites as part of our Open House service.
These are on:-
- Tuesdays between 2pm and 4pm at the Phyllis Tuckwell in Farnham.
- Fridays between 10am and 1pm at the Beacon Centre in the ground of the Royal Surrey Hospital in Guildford.
They offer information and support in a relaxed environment from a member of staff. This is also an opportunity to find out more about our Living Well services. There is no need to book, just turn up.
Carer Support –
- The Beacon Carer Support Group is held alternate Mondays from 10:30 to 12:30 in the Garden centre at the Beacon Centre. This group is for anyone caring for someone under the care of the hospice. If you are interested in attending please contact Suzanne Emmings on 01252 913040 or email Suzanne.email@example.com. Alternatively you can just come along.
- Complementary Therapies for carers. There is a carer clinic every alternative Thursday’s from 13:15 to 17:00. Please read our complementary therapies in the communityleaflet and how carers and relatives can also still use complementary therapy in bereavement when they’ve lost someone under our care.
- Carer’s assessment – Phyllis Tuckwell offer a Carer Needs Support Assessment Tool (CSNAT) to help Carers consider what personal and practical support they may need to help them continue in their caring role. You can complete this and return it to a member of PTHC team who can talk though an action plan with you.
You can read about all of the services available to you and how you can access them in our Because you’re important too booklet. If you’d like a printable copy of this booklet, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org