Mission, goals and values
To give excellent specialist care and support to patients and families living with life limiting illnesses, and through training, empower other healthcare professionals to do the same.
Here for life...
Patient care: To offer a choice and range of specialist services in the Hospice, in the home and in the community
Financial security: To secure sustainable income to allow us to continue to provide and develop our services to patients free at the point of delivery
Staff and volunteer experience: To ensure we are a skilled and motivated team of staff and volunteers who take pride in working for the Hospice
Centre of excellence: To deliver best practice care, specialist training to healthcare professionals and ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements
Environment: To provide a place that is welcoming, safe, secure and well-maintained
Independence: To maintain our status as a self-governing and independent charity whilst working in partnership with others
- Putting the patient first
- Treating all people equally with respect, dignity and understanding
- Using our skills, resources and time wisely
- Fostering a culture of continuous learning
- Ensuring workplace health and safety and promoting personal well being
- Commitment to working in productive and valued partnerships
- Acting with honesty, integrity and in the best interests of Phyllis Tuckwell Hospice