Out-Patients (Dove Centre/Beacon Centre)
Patients may be referred directly to Out-Patient services or may be seen as an Out-Patient while receiving other Hospice Care services. Patients need to be well enough to attend as an Out-Patient.
Out-Patients can be helpful for:
• Seeing more than one professional at a time
• Efficiency / time management
• Opportunity for patient and relative to see the wider Hospice and/or Beacon Centre facilities
• Supportive environment: Refreshments, information leaflets, staff and volunteer support (including transport where needed)
Out-Patient services cover the following areas:
• Clinical Nurse Specialist
• Medical led clinic
• Complementary therapies
• Occupational therapy (leaflet available for referrals in NE Hampshire)
• Groups – fatigue management, breathlessness, ‘Well-being’ sessions
• Benefits and entitlement advice
• Opportunity to meet other patients and carers for mutual support.
Referral is via the usual SWSH specialist palliative care referral form (if needing wider Hospice Care services) or a comprehensive clinical letter.